Friday, June 17, 2011

Poet-ography Me

Matthew David came from heav’n
nineteen hundred fifty seven.
Saw the fall of Camelot,
black and white Apollo shot.


Oklahoma Cherokee,
From Oklahoma City,
Tulsa, Ada, Tupelo.
Never knew how far we’d go.


Read about the "Rolling Stones",
R. A. H. is in my bones!
70's weren't all that hot;
Hoping hard to not get shot.


Graduated from high school,
then flunked right out of O. U.
Married, Army, babies two;
failed again at E. C. U.


Lord Direwolf in S. C. A.;
Gaming guru - loved to play.
Two times more got baby boy!
Lost my Mom before that joy.


The 80's were a close call,
but made it through overall.
90's saw the crash of me;
bankrupt, divorce, lost family:


Sis Teresa, brother Mark,
Dad’s cancer from broken heart.
Found the other part of me,
guided me back from the sea.


Raise 'em, stake 'em, new life;
Sharing dreams with new wife.
She helped me find the writing way.
What else do I have to say?


Say what you mean,
Mean what you say,
Know what you want,
Savor each day.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Matt.

    It was an honor knowing your Dad, Mom, Mark and Teresa. Oh yeah, you too. :-)

    Didn't know you were such a poet.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks 8)

    For me poetry is the appetizer - nice, but then it's time to get serious.

    ReplyDelete