Monday, November 21, 2011

A Good Place

My writing is deeply affected by what I see and hear.  In fact, I discovered during October I could actually write a short story every day or two given a compelling image.

With a little thought I remember several stories that were inspired and informed by songs, such as Jimi Hendrix's 'Watchtower.'  I've even written some (hidden) fan fiction related to the television series 'Firefly.'

What I can't do is write while listening to radio or even in the same room with a cajoling, tempting, playing television.  My mind wants to sing the song or watch the images.  Ah, and the beautiful, flickering, challenging graphics of computer games - totally addictive.

Clearly the challenge is to avoid the distractions, however much my desires seek them out.  I need someplace to hide, apparently; someplace with locks, maybe some bars, possibly an armed guard.

Egad, my perfect writing place is prison?
Heh!

No comments:

Post a Comment