Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Navy Time


I apologize to anyone looking for new posts recently, but my excuse is that the Navy wanted me.

No, don't laugh - really.

Crowd sourcing is all the rage these days.  It works by asking LOTS of people to express their opinions and ideas about a problem they are interested in, then correlating the data in several ways.  With luck all those minds will hit on an optimum solution, but at least the data will reveal a lot on what people already know and believe about the subject.

The technique has been around a while, but only with computer advancements has it become useful.  Nowadays pervasive internet availability means that, in theory, a truly massive crowd source is possible.

I was invited to participate in a Naval crowd source exercise about future piracy this week.  I was pretty excited; I'm still excited, but sleepy 8)

Have a look: MMOWGLI

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment