Sunday, July 3, 2011

Odd Rhymes


Short Poem Describing A Pessimist’s View Of The Cosmological Theory Of Cyclical Big Bang 

Once, long ago, there came An End.
Then, futureward, it came Again.




Wanderer

I've lost my phantasm. It's wandered away.
Poor little ghostie. I hope it's okay.

I loved my phantasm. I fed it each day.
I thought it liked me, I thought it would stay.
Spiders and mice were its favorite dinner;
Often it playfully nipped my finger.

I miss my phantasm. I'll look more today.
Sweet little phantasm, how it liked to play.
It would scratch at my soul with phantasm claws.
Come to think now, I feel phantasm scars.

What of my phantasm? Why didn't it stay?
Did it get hungry, wander to find prey?
Lately it did tend to skulk through the night;
A couple of times it gave me a fright.

I recall stories of pets gone astray -
Once found teeth on the rug in my hallway.
Squirrels and birds also seem to be gone,
And where is that boy who tramples my lawn?

I've lost my phantasm. It's wandered away.
It may wander back. Think I'll move today.

No comments:

Post a Comment